Support for TMX maps Tiled Map
November 17, 2014 ·
- Orthello Pro (2D framework) offers Tiled map support.
- Tiled Tilemaps library by Karnak Games adds support for Orthogonal TMX maps to Unity, with automatic collision detection.
- Tiled To Unity is a 3D pipeline for Tiled maps. It uses prefabs as tiles, and can place decorations dynamically on tiles. Supports multiple layers (including object layers).
- Tiled2Unity exports TMX files to Unity with support for (non-simple) collisions.
- UniTMX imports TMX files into a mesh.
- X-UniTMX supports almost all Tiled 0.10 features. Imports TMX/XML files into Sprite Objects or Meshes.
- AndroidTMXLoader loads TMX data into an object and renders to an Android Bitmap (limited functionality)
- libtiled-java port is a port of the libtiled-java to be used on Android phones.
- TMXParser General *.tmx tileset data loader. Intended to be used with TSXParser for external tileset loading. (No internal tileset support)
- TSXParser General *.tsx tileset data loader. Intended to be used with TMXParser.
- allegro_tiled integrates Tiled support with Allegro 5.
- TMX XML and JSON map loader with Allegro5 and SDL2 examples (BSD).
- tiledMap.d simple single-layer and single-tileset example to load a map and its tileset in D language. It also contains basic rendering logic using DSFML
Construct 2 – Scirra
- Construct 2, since the Beta Release 149, officially supports TMX maps, and importing it by simple dragging the file inside the editor. Official Note
- Canvas Engine A framework to create video games in HTML5 Canvas
- chesterGL A simple WebGL/canvas game library
- KineticJs-Ext A multi-canvas based game rendering library
- melonJS A lightweight HTML5 game engine
- Platypus Engine A robust orthogonal tile game engine with game entity library.
- sprite.js A game framework for image sprites.
- chem-tmx Plugin for chem game engine.
- A library for loading TMX files is included with Tiled at
- libgdx, a Java-based Android/desktop/HTML5 game library, provides a packer, loader and renderer for TMX maps
LÖVE / Lua
MOAI SDK / Lua
- FlatRedBall Engine TMXGlue tool by Domenic Datti loads TMX maps into the FlatRedBall engine, complete with node networks, pathfinding, and shapecollection support via object layers.
- TiledMax by Aimee Bailey, a .NET library for parsing TMX maps without dependencies on Windows or XNA
- TMX Map Loader XNA for Windows Phone 7/8 by Lawrence Li. Ready to use, fully implemented XNA Content Pipeline library for TMX files on Windows Phone 7/8.
- XTiled by Michael C. Neel and Dylan Wolf, XNA library for loading and rendering TMX maps
- XNA map loader by Kevin Gadd, extended by Stephen Belanger and Zach Musgrave
- TiledSharp: Yet another C# TMX importer library, with Tiled 0.9.1 support. TiledSharp is a generic parser which can be used in any framework, but it cannot be used to render the maps.
- TmxCSharp: Useful for multi-layer orthographic tile engines. No framework dependencies, used with a custom OpenTK tile engine soon to be open source, tested with Tiled 0.8.1 (multiple output formats). MIT license.
- NTiled: Generic parser for 0.9.1 tiled maps. Available via NuGet.
- bit.tiled Loads TMX file as objects. Aims to be fully compatible with native TMX files.
- Diddy is an extensive framework for Monkey X that contains a module for loading and rendering TMX files. Supports orthogonal and isometric maps as both CSV and Base64 (uncompressed).
- PHP TMX Viewer by sebbu : render the map as an image (allow some modifications as well)
- TMX parser: a simple loader for TMX maps (CSV format only).
- Pygame map loader by dr0id
- PyTMX by Leif Theden (bitcraft)
- pytmxlib: library for programmatic manipulation of TMX maps
- tmx.py by Richard Jones, from his 2012 PyCon ‘Introduction to Game Development’ talk.
- STP (SFML TMX Parser) by edoren
Sprite Kit Framework
- Kobold Kit is a Sprite Kit game engine with a complete TMX object model (create, load & save TMX maps) and an optimized renderer for orthogonal tilemaps. Isometric support forthcoming.
- JSTileMap is a lightweight SpriteKit implementation of the TMX format supporting iOS 7 and OS X 10.9 and above.
TERRA Engine (Delphi/Pascal)
- librpg A library to load and handle spritesets (own format) and orthogonal TMX maps.